Experience walking along irregular mountain trails is recommended. In the event of fresh snow, snowshoes are also recommended. Be careful of ice when temperatures are particularly low.
As you might imagine, the accessibility of these mountain trails depends entirely on the conditions found at any given time, such as the weather and other natural and environmental conditions. Therefore, before you set out, you should check the status of the trail by contacting alpine guides, lodge operators, or the local tourist office or park information office.
Tips and hints
For information on the conditions of the route:
For information on the weather and snow situation:
Reach loc. Fortini near the Grostè cableway, 1 km northwards Madonna di Campiglio along the main road SS239. To reach the cableway coming from Pinzolo, take the tunnel at the beginning of Madonna di Campiglio - avoiding the centre of the village - and go on towards Campo Carlo Magno for about 1 k after the tunnel exit. Coming from Dimaro, instead, pass Campo Carlo Magno and, after about 800 meters, arrive at the Grostè cableway.
ParkingBig free parking at the departure of the Grostè cableway.
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentAppropriate winter clothing, snowshoes and walking poles or mountaineering skis, water bottle or thermos flask
Basic Equipment for Snow Shoe Walking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots appropriate for winter use (B1+ recommended)
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Long, warm technical socks plus liners and spares
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Water- and windproof mountaineering jacket and trousers with ankle adjustment or separate gaiters
- Lip protection (SPF 30+)
- Water- and windproof gloves plus thin fleece inner gloves
- moisture wicking skull / knit cap
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Snow Shoe Walking
- Hiking poles fitted with snow baskets
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.