The HIGH itinerary of the San Vili path passes through mountain areas, with a greater difference in height than the LOW itinerary.
Length: 110 km. Walking: about 40 hours.
The path can be completed walking 5 days: we suggest you the first day to start from Madonna diCampiglio and to reach Pra de la Casa area (about 2 hours and a half), following an alternative pathinstead of the traditional San Vili path.The path, difficult for the hours of walking and the difference in height, can be “broken” andadapted to the needs of each walker, following two different ways in the mountains: from VigoRendena to Ragoli passing through Larzana and from Ranzo to Ciago passing through Margone.
Remember to do your Credential, the document of the Pilgrim during the Path.
It is important to take with you only useful, necessary, essential things: each thing has a weight. The ideal rucksack weighs between 5 and 7 kg, a little more in winter.
Contact accredited accommodation before starting the path to check availability for the overnightstay.
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Tips and hints
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentTrekking equipment and a change: rucksack, shoes suitable for walking, windproof jacket, trousers, socks, t-shirts, underwear, cap, k-way, flashlight, water bottle, toothbrush and toothpaste, first-aidkit, pen and notebook.
Basic Equipment for Pilgrim Walks
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- Religious objects and material as required
Things to Bring if Staying in a Hostel
- Toiletries and medication
- Quick-drying towel
- Ear plugs
- Sleeping bag liner
- Pilgrim ID card
- Coronavirus mask and hand sanitizer
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.