The itinerary starts in Sant’Antonio di Mavignola and runs through Val Nambrone to the Cornisello lakes. The road and the cable lift across from Rifugio Nambrone date back to the 1950s and were built for the purpose of creating a dam near the lakes. The upper end of the cable lift is found just after Rifugio Cornisello. The dam was never built, but fortunately for us the road was completed.
Unless you use an E-BIKE, you will need to be in good physical shape to take on this itinerary.
Once at the casina (a milk-storage hut) at Laghi di Cornisello, turn around and follow the same route back because, from here, the trail that continues on cannot be done on a bike. You can carry your bike along the trail to get to Rifugio Cornisello, but this is only recommended for the most experienced cyclists.
From the ample, unpaved parking area, instead of descending directly along the paved road, you can head up to the right for 300m towards Rifugio Cornisello, where there is a stunning view of the Brenta Group.
- The roads, trails, and ski runs indicated are often used in the opposite direction as well, so keep an eye out for hikers, other cyclists, and vehicles.
- On trails and other narrow roadways, pay close attention to hikers and slow down or stop as seems appropriate under the circumstances.
- Always were a helmet and never underestimate the difficulty of the trails.
- Be careful when crossing wood bridges, as they can often be slippery.
- Avoid skidding as this can damage both your tires and the road surface.
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Tips and hints
With the DoloMeetCard, use of the lifts, the bicibustrek bike & ride service, and other public transport (Trentino Guest Card) is free of charge.
For more information, see:
www.doss.to (Pinzolo lifts)
- da A4 Milano-Venezia: uscita Brescia Est a km 130. Tempo di percorrenza medio (in auto): 2 ore e 30 minuti.
- da A22 Modena-Brennero: uscita Rovereto Sud a km 92 (1 ora e 40 minuti) - uscita Trento Sud a km 73 (1 ora e 30 minuti) - uscita S. Michele all'Adige a km 78 (1 ora).
Per raggiungere in mtb l'inizio dell'itinerario seguire il percorso n°960 "Via Vecia" fino al centro di Sant Antonio di Mavignola.
Recommended maps for this region:
- MTBs with off-road tires
- protective eyewear
- repair kits
- first-aid kits
- windbreakers for downhill sections
- 7 Waypoints
- 7 Waypoints