Enchanting route in the mountains, of medium difficulty, in the Adamello-Presanella mountain range.
The altitude and the exposure of the route, make this area particularly subjected to sudden changes in temperatures... take with you some more warm clothes.
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Tips and hints
For further information about the path and the route conditions, contact the Pinzolo mountain guides: ph. +39 0465 502111 - www.mountainfriends.it.
Getting thereFrom Pinzolo, along the main road SS239, follow to S. Antonio di Mavignola. Shortly before the village, go left at the junction for Val Nambrone. Follow the signs to the refuges Cornisello and Segantini, and then go along the long and narrow paved road. At the junction, keep left and, along an easy dirt road, reach the car park in Vallina Amola area (m 2020).
ParkingBig free parking in Vallina d'AMola area, where the route starts.
Book recommendation by the author
Author’s map recommendations
Book recommendations for this region:
EquipmentMountaineering boots, hat, windbreakers and sun lotion are highly recommended.
Basic Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Climbing helmet as required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.