Through forests, past waterfalls and over enchanting suspension bridges to discover the stunning Vallesinella and the alpine lodges Rifugio Casinei, Rifugio Vallesinella and Rifugio Cascate Basse.
Distance 12.5 km
A low-altitude itinerary that isn’t too difficult apart from the overall length, but this can easily be broken up into shorter legs. A very pleasant outing for the whole family. Lengthy but without any great elevation gain, this itinerary may be divided into multiple legs interspersed with breaks at the various mountain shelters along the route. The Vallesinella falls are nestled in an enchanting landscape made of streams and suspension bridges, as well as the welcoming lodges along the route, which make great spots for a visit and restorative break.
Take note of the timetables of summer transport in Vallesinella before you start. Break up the itinerary with a lunch break at one of the alpine lodges.
AuthorApt Madonna di Campiglio Pinzolo Val Rendena FA
Update: October 23, 2021
Getting thereFrom Madonna di Campiglio, follow the signs to Campiglio south. From here, you can continue to the Spinale gondola lift (possibility of parking) or, from Palù, continue by car in the direction of Rifugio Vallesinella, taking care to note the timetables and rules of summer transport.
ParkingPaid parking at the departure of the Spinale gondola lift or in Piazza Palù (parking disc).If you want to make the itinerary shorter by departing from Rifugio Vallesinella, here you will find ample paid parking (availability until full and park limited transportation).
32T 641015 5120268
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentHiking boots, hat, windbreaker and sun lotion are recommended.
Basic Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Climbing helmet as required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view