Evocative route with the wonderful mountain lakes of San Giuliano and Garzonè, characterized by a wonderful view on the Presanella top.
By car from Caderzone Terme, take the road for the San Giuliano lakes.
Park in Pöc dali Fafc and then continue on foot along the road to Malga Campo. Continue along a brief section of trail until you reach the intersection with trail SAT 230 from Malga Diaga. Follow trail SAT 230 to Malga San Giuliano, to the lakes, and to Rifugio San Giuliano. Continue up along trail SAT 221 to Bocchetta dell’Acqua Fredda, then descend to Vacarsa lake and Malga Campostril. Here, take the senter plan trail back to the parking area.
We suggest you a break in the welcoming refuge of San Giuliano, restored recently, and in the nearby church-sanctuary on the river of the lake. It is said that the little church, dedicated to S. Giuliano of Cilicia, was guarded by an hermit, besides being celebrated in ancient times for its spring of "good water for fevers".
Not to be missed the camera: the route has an amazing view on the Presanella top, the Carè Alto-Adamello glaciers and the Brenta Dolomites.
Trail sign: 230 and 221
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Tips and hints
For further information about the path and the route conditions, contact the Pinzolo mountain guides: ph. +39 0465 502111 - www.mountainfriends.it.
Getting thereFrom Caderzone Terme, 5 km south of Pinzolo along the main road SS239, take the first road on the right past the bridge, at the beginning of the village. Turn left at the first fork and go on as far as you reach the road on the right with the sign towards "Malga Campo, Laghi di San Giuliano". Follow to Malga Campo/Pozza delle Vacche, along the little mountain road - particularly narrow and steep but paved- as far as you reach the car park near Malga Campo. The last 2 km are along a dirt road.
ParkingBig free parking before Malga Campo, where the route starts.
Book recommendations for this region:
EquipmentMountaineering boots, hat, windbreakers and sun lotion are highly recommended.
Basic Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Climbing helmet as required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.