A lovely outing to the remote Malga Praino and Malga Valsorda in Val di San Valentino along stone trails through dense forests, alpine pastures, and a generally stunning rural landscape.
Distance 9.2 km
This itinerary of intermediate difficulty starts from Rifugio Gorck, which may be reached by car. To get to the lodge, cross Val di San Valentino, a valley that gets its name from the small church of San Valentino, which features frescoes by Simone Baschenis. The church, which you will pass on your way up the valley by car, sits in a panoramic spot with an ample view out over Busa di Tione, the lower Rendena valley, the Brenta group, and the spires of Carè Alto to the west and is well worth a visit. The itinerary runs through a landscape of rare beauty at the edge of the treeline and is recommended for anyone who loves uncontaminated nature.
Ideal itinerary for those looking to get away from crowds of tourists and who can appreciate the slow rhythms of nature.
AuthorApt Madonna di Campiglio Pinzolo Val Rendena FA
Update: July 31, 2020
Getting thereAlong highway SS239 in Val Rendena, continue until you reach Javrè and then Val di San Valentino. Follow the valley and the signs to Rifugio Gorck.
ParkingFree parking near Rifugio Gorck.
32T 628894 5104197
Book recommendations for this region:
EquipmentHiking boots, hat, windbreaker and sun lotion are recommended.
Basic Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Climbing helmet as required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view