This mid-altitude outing offers an enchanting view of the Adamello-Presanella mountain range.
This physically exerting, but not particularly difficult itinerary runs along well-beaten, well-marked trails and is recommended for families with children aged 6 to 8. Here, you are likely to hear the call of the marmot and, if you’re lucky, even see a group of these rodents, which often come out of their dens to enjoy the sun or search for food.The ascent via lift and the amazing view make this a lovely, relaxing outing for an alpine picnic.
Reach the Grostè cableway, 1 km northwards Madonna di Campiglio along the main road SS239.
To reach the cableway coming from Pinzolo, take the tunnel at the beginning of Madonna di Campiglio - avoiding the centre of the village - and go on towards Campo Carlo Magno for about 1 k after the tunnel exit.
Coming from Dimaro, instead, pass Campo Carlo Magno and, after about 800 meters, arrive at the Grostè cableway.
ParkingPaid parking area at Grostè cableway.
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentMountaineering boots, hat, windbreakers and sun lotion are recommended.
Basic Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Climbing helmet as required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.