The itinerary from Monte Spinale to Rifugio Graffer is suited even to less experienced hikers. It is not particularly difficult due to its limited elevation gain of just around 300 meters (1,000 ft), so the joys of nature and of alpine pastures are just a quick lift ride away.
Throughout the hike, you can enjoy views of both the Brenta Dolomites and the glaciers of the Adamello-Presanella range, as well as the lovely Spinale Lake. The final destination of this itinerary is the charming Rifugio Giorgio Graffer, named after one of Italy’s most famous mountaineers.
Getting thereReach the Spinale cable car, in the center of Madonna di Campiglio, in front of the lake in Conca Verde.
ParkingPaid parking at the departure of the Spinale cable car.
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentMountaineering boots, hat, windbreakers and sun lotion are recommended.
Basic Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Climbing helmet as required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.