From Doss del Sabion (at an altitude of 2,100 m, or 6,900 ft), take the trail Soffio del Brenta. The route runs first along the Grual ski run and then along the crest of the mountain along forest roads (which are ski runs in winter) and trails through pastures and forests to an area known as Madonnina, where you will find a vast, panoramic field with a small chapel at its edge.
From here, continue on to Passo del Gotro (1,860 m / 6,100 ft) and then along trail no. 354 to Malga Movlina.Here, the view ranges from the World Heritage Brenta Dolomites to Val Algone, across the Rendena Valley and out towards the Adamello and Presanella glaciers.
The fields above the alpine farmhouse are an oasis of tranquility and are the perfect spot for a picnic.
Continue the hike in the direction of Malga Bregn da l’Ors. Follow the trail SAT 307B to Pra Rodont, at an altitude of 1,500 m (4,900 ft), where you can then take the lift back down to Pinzolo.
Getting thereThe Doss del Sabion cablecar is at 800 mt a.s.l., north of Pinzolo, along the main road SS239 towards Madonna di Campiglio.
ParkingBig free car park at the departure of the lifts.
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentMountaineering boots, hat, windbreakers and sun lotion are recommended.
Basic Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Climbing helmet as required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.