Third stage of the "Dolomiti di Brenta Trek" route, from Rifugio Graffer to Rifugio Tuckett.
Distance 5 km
Rifugio Tuckett (2271 m) stands on a small terrace at the foot of Castelletto Inferiore. the alpinists of the Sektion Berlin of the D.u.Oe.A.V who named it after the British mountaineer Francis Fox Tuckett. In the background the Vedretta di Brenta Inferiore (improperly also called Vedretta di Tuckett) and the Bocca di Tuckett dominated by the stark Cima Brenta. The view from the refuge sweeps westwards to the white slopes of Adamello and the superb pyramid of Presanella.
AuthorApt Madonna di Campiglio Pinzolo Val Rendena FA
Update: August 02, 2020
Getting thereTo get to the Graffer Refuge more quickly, it’s possible to take the Grostè cable car that goes up to the Grostè Pass and from here go down along the SAT 301 trail to the refuge in 20 minutes. Alternatively, from the town of Madonna di Campiglio you can drive by car to the Spinale cable car which goes to the top of Monte Spinale, then proceed on foot following the SAT 331 trail for 45 minutes.
ParkingBig free parking at the departure of the Grostè cableway.
32T 645736 5120196
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
- technical mountain clothing
- mountain boots with Vibram sole or similar
If the route has equipped parts, brings with you:
- ferrata set
- ferrata gloves
- a piece of rope (suggested)
- ice-axe and crampons (where necessary)
Basic Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
Technical Equipment for Mountain Hikes
- Climbing helmet as required
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view