First stage of the "Dolomiti di Brenta Trek" route, from Rifugio Peller to Bivacco Costanzi.
The path SAT 336 "Claudio Costanzi" connects Pian della Nana with Rifugio Graffer and is described as via Ferrata. The section actually fitted with cables and ladders is not included in the DBT route and it goes from Passo di Pra Castron, below Cima Sasso Rosso, to Rifugio Graffer: here via ferrata equipment must be used and the path turns out to be difficult because of the wildness and the very few trekkers along the way. However, the section of the path SAT 336 followed by the DBT is a very normal path without any technicl difficulty.
- Refilling water along the trail: Peller Refuge, Malga Clesera and Costanzi Bivouac.
- Those who spend the night at the Costanzi Bivouac can ask the Peller Refuge to prepare a "packed dinner". Alternatively, you can buy cheese at Malga Clesera.
- Pian della Nana is a vast plateau populated by marmots and herds of sheep, cows, goats, horses and donkeys. Between May and June spectacular wildflowers tinge the meadows with a thousand colors.
Getting therePeller Refuge can be reached by car from Cles, Val di Non.From Cles head to the upper part of the village following the signs for Loc. Bersaglio-Peller Refuge. At Loc. Bersaglio turn right and follow the gravel road with short sections of asphalt for 15km, leading to the base of Monte Peller where DBT Expert passes on the SAT 313 trail. Here there are 3 free car parks where you can leave your car for several days. To drive along this road you need a jeep-type car and no transit permits are required. The first car park is located at the Durigat Lake and has parking for 25 cars. From the carpark the refuge is a 10-minute walk.To reach the second car park, continue from here uphill to the left towards Malga Tassulla until you get to the “no entry” sign: here there is another car park with 30 parking spaces. From the car park the refuge is a 20-minute walk.The third car park can be reached by continuing from Lake Durigat uphill to the right towards Peller Refuge. Under the refuge there is a small carpark with 10 parking spaces. The refuge is a 5-minute walk from the car park.
ParkingThree car parks are available near Lake Durigat.
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
- technical mountain clothing
- mountain boots with Vibram sole or similar
If the route has equipped parts, brings with you:
- ferrata set
- ferrata gloves
- a piece of rope (suggested)
- ice-axe and crampons (where necessary)