Lovely walking for discovering the crystal clear waters of Val Genova, admiring the frescos of the S. Stefano church, the old glass factory and the chestnut tree.
Pleasant outdoor suitable for everybody, discovering some of the most hidden jewels of Val Rendena. The itinerary starts from the Sanctuary of the Madonna del Potere (built at the beginning of the the nineteenth century), then goes on toward the well-known Nardis waterfalls, passing the old glass factory.
From here, along a circular path alongside the Sarca river, the path reaches the Gothic-Romanesque church of Santo Stefano, castled on the granite cliff overlooking the valley. The southern facade is frescoed by Simone Baschenis; the main subject is Danza Macabra: the Death is shown as a dance that warn all people about its inescapability; moreover, the seven Capital vices are represented (1519-1532). The itinerary continues down to the green area with some big centuries-old chestnut trees.
Safety informationPlease note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Tips and hints
Find out more on:
Getting thereOnce arrived in Carisolo, 2 km north of Pinzolo along the SS239 main road towards Madonna di Campiglio, follow directions to the Sanctuary of the Madonna del Potere, in the country south of the village, near the soccer field.
ParkingFree car park, even if not very big, near the Sanctuary of the Madonna del Potere
Book recommendations for this region:
EquipmentTrekking boots, waterproof jacket.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.