Enjoy admiring the so-called "Sentiero della Forra" path, that runs along the Sarca river, and the natural canyon.
Safety informationBe careful of deceptive forks of the Brenta Valley.
Please note that the practicability of the itineraries in a mountain environment is strictly linked to the contingent conditions and is therefore influenced by natural phenomena, environmental changes and weather conditions. For this reason, the information contained in this page may have changed. Before leaving for a tour, make sure the path you will approach is still accessible by contacting the owner of the mountain hut, the alpine guides or the visitor centres of the nature parks, the info offices of the local tourist board.
Tips and hintsFor information about the paths and tour conditions, contact Madonna di Campiglio mountain guides: Tel. 0465 442634 - www.guidealpinecampiglio.it.
Getting thereFrom S.A. di Mavignola, south of Madonna di Campiglio, follow the signs for Val Brenta, going along a downhill road that, after the bridge on the Sarca of Campiglio, leads to the forest building (mt 1172) and then at the beginning of Val Brenta, where you can leave the car and then go on walking.
ParkingBig free parking right at the start of the itinerary.
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentMountaineering boots, hat, windbreakers and sun lotion are highly recommended.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.