This hike is one of the many variants for reaching Malga Ritort from Madonna di Campiglio.
An easy itinerary of negligible elevation gain, this can be a good solution for an outing when the weather is uncertain and a longer, more challenging hike is not recommended. After an initial section through a beech forest, the trail comes out into an ample clearing in the pasture lands near the farmhouse to reveal a spectacular view of the majestic Brenta Dolomites. The return trip can either follow the same route in reverse or the paved road through Patascoss and back to Madonna di Campiglio, this time to the north of the town.
A break at the malga to enjoy some local alpine cuisine is a must.
At times, transport by horse-drawn carriage is available in summer, which is a highly enjoyable ride.
Getting thereFrom the center of Madonna di Campiglio, head south along Viale Dolomiti di Brenta. After the pharmacy, head up to the right, then turn left along Via Adamello. Continue along this road, following the signs for Ristorante Pappagallo.
ParkingSmall parking area at the end of Via Adamello, where the itinerary begins, or coverned paid parking in Piazza Sissi.
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentHiking boots, hat, windbreaker and sun lotion are recommended.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.