An easy stroll for the whole family to the manmade Lake Montagnoli, a perfect spot for a relaxing picnic in a stunning natural solarium in the Dolomites.
Distance 5.2 km
Lake Montagnoli is Italy’s largest basin used to produce artificial snow. This 36,000 m2 (9 acre) alpine lake holds some 200,000 m3 (53,000,000 gallons US) of water, which is used by snow cannons in the winter to quickly cover the extensive ski runs of the Madonna di Campiglio ski area with artificial snow. Although a reservoir created by the local lift-management company, Lake Montagnoli actually looks like a natural alpine lake nestled in a mountain forest. Its flowing, natural shape and every other detail ensures the lake is in total harmony with its surroundings. Lake Montagnoli is just below Rifugio Montagnoli, in Pian della Zedola, at an altitude of 1,764 meters (5,787 feet) on the Spinale slopes. In summer, it makes for an idyllic spot for a relaxing stroll.
Bring a swimsuit and beach towel!
AuthorApt Madonna di Campiglio Pinzolo Val Rendena FA
Updated: July 31, 2020
Getting thereHead to the center of Madonna di Campiglio, and park in one of the several parking areas indicated below.
Central paid parking and free parking in Madonna di Campiglio:
- PARKING IN VIA CIMA TOSA (near Hotel Dahu)Recommended for accessing the center from the north.
- PARKING IN PIAZZA SISSI (in the center of town, access from Viale Dolomiti di Brenta - Via al Sarca). With fee during the winter and summer seasons, open 24-hours. Closed out of season and accessible only to the possessors of subscription card.
- 3TRE PARKING (Piazza Brenta Alta, in the town center). Recommended for drivers coming from the north. With fee during the winter and summer seasons, open 24-hours.
- SPINALE PARKING (Via Spinale). Recommended for accessing the town center and the Spinale gondola lift, coming from the south. With fee during the winter and summer seasons, open 24-hours.
- PRADALAGO PARKING (Via Pradalago). Recommended for accessing the Pradalago gondola lift and the town center, coming from the north. With fee during the winter and summer seasons.
- GROSTE’ PARKING (close to the Grostè gondola lift). With fee during the winter and summer seasons.
32T 640929 5121374
Book recommendations for this region:
Recommended maps for this region:
EquipmentHiking boots, hat, windbreaker and sun lotion are recommended.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view