The permanent, historical Terra di Moleti itinerary from Pieve di Rendena (the Church of San Vigilio) to the historical center of Mortaso retraces the memories of a town of emigrants - predominantly cutlers - who left their homeland in search of a better future.Through works of art, stories and curiosities, the itinerary tells the tale of the emigration of local cutlers.
This enjoyable cultural itinerary winds along the roads connecting the center of Spiazzo and the village of Mortaso.
Works of art and information panels rich with anecdotes and other curiosities tell the tale of the emigration of the local cutlers.
Tips and hints
Discover other art and theme-based walks at www.campigliodolomiti.it
Getting thereFrom the village of Spiazzo Rendena, in Val Rendena, 8 km south of Pinzolo, along highway SS239.
ParkingThere is ample parking in Spiazzo, near the church.
Book recommendations for this region:
EquipmentComfortable walking shoes.
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Kit para bolhas
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.